The days when finance marketers could send out mass direct mail and email campaigns and expect any kind of decent response are long gone. Consumers today are bombarded with marketing, receiving up to 3,000 different advertising messages a day. This has made mass marketing an increasingly ineffective tool for most financial institutions.
Instead, savvy finance marketers are moving away from mass marketing to a more personalized marketing approach in order to cut through the clutter and get noticed. And the cornerstone of personalized finance marketing is the personal landing page, or PLP.
What is a PLP?
As the name implies, a personal landing page is a unique web page that’s personalized for each and every prospect. Think of it as one-to-one marketing for the digital age. Including a PLP as part of your digital marketing efforts can increase your response rates by between 20 percent and 60 percent.
PLPs usually feature the name of the prospect in the URL. For example, the URL for a mortgage bank’s prospect’s PLP might be John.Smith.MyBank.info When John Smith types in this URL, he’s taken to a personalized landing page that contains a firm offer of credit based on FICO data just for him.
Personal landing pages should be a key component of an integrated marketing campaign. For example, you could send out a direct mail piece that contains the PLP and then follow this up with an email that contains a live link to the PLP.
Benefits of PLPs
By personalizing marketing messages and credit offers to each individual prospect, you can break through the clutter of mass marketing to engage prospects at a deeper level. Other benefits of using PLPs include the following:
- Brand awareness is increased, since every new PLP (and there may be thousands of them) represents a new brand asset.
- Prospects can choose from multiple response options on the PLP, such as telephone, an online contact form or proceeding directly to a loan application.
- You can elaborate on your offer in more detail than you can in other marketing pieces like direct mail or email.
- You will have greater visibility into who is visiting you online and can follow up with them immediately, since you are notified of all prospects who visit their PLPs, even if they don’t convert.
- Google remarketing is easier because knowing who has visited their PLPs enhances your ability to re-target your message to them.
- Unlike your website, your PLP can be designed to let you focus like a laser on prospect conversion.
- It’s easy for prospects to come back to their PLP later if they aren’t ready to accept a firm offer of credit right away.
Increase Response Rates
In today’s increasingly competitive financial services marketplace, you can’t afford not to take advantage of cutting-edge marketing technology like personal landing pages. PLPs are the best way to overcome the limitations of mass marketing and increase response rates to firm offers of credit to your qualified prospects.
- Mass marketing is an increasingly ineffective tool for most financial institutions.
- Including a personal landing page as part of your digital marketing efforts can increase your response rates by between 20 percent and 60 percent.
- Personal landing pages should be a key component of an integrated marketing campaign.